The Group Executive Committee (GEC) plays a vital role in running of the 11th Gloucester (Hucclecote) Scout Group. The GEC makes decisions and carries out administrative tasks to ensure that our leaders can focus on continuing to provide the best quality Scouting for the young people in our Group.
Key Committee tasks include:
- Ensuring the safeguarding of our young people
- Management of the Group finances
- Maintenance of the headquarters
- Organisation and communication of Group Events such as our Halloween/ Firework
The GEC holds a monthly meeting as well as an Annual General Meeting each March, to which parents are more than welcome to attend.
Interested in joining the committee?
As a charity, we are always looking to attract new volunteers who can give up a bit of their time, as much or as little as they can to fit your availability.
Members of the committee can help to shape and run the charity, not just in terms of providing the best possible resources for our different sections, but also to expand the use of the HQ for wider community use.
We are also looking to create a sub-committee called the ‘Friends of the Committee’ (which need not meet, and certainly not every month) who can manage such things as:
- Coming up with new ideas for raising much needed funds, organising and running fund raising events etc.
- Looking and applying for appropriate grants
- Organising regular maintenance activities such as cutting the grass, cutting back of bushes and trees and annual servicing of fire extinguishers.
We are keen for any parent who can give some time to help the running of the Group.
Contact Mark Gaulton if you would like to learn more or are interested in helping in any way you can.
Interested in being a leader?
We are interested to hear from anyone interested in joining as a warranted leader or assistant helper for all of our units. Please contact Mark Gaulton if you are interested.